– lets tie together! . . . souls need support! –
Hi, I am Janis Small Omide, ICAADC, MAC, MS, CSAC (Omide is pronounced Oh-Me-Day) ……
I share the same vision of the late Father Joseph C. Martin where Hazelden Publishing noted that Farther Martin “celebrated a career in which his only aim was to ease the suffering of individuals and families, around the world, affected by addiction”.
Omide has over 20 years of professional experience in working with people who have the disability of substance use disorder and other disabilities.
Janis Omide’s Credentialing Consists of the following:
- M.S. Degree in Rehabilitation Counseling from the Medical College of Virginia (MCV) @ VCU (Virginia Commonwealth University) – Department of Rehabilitation Counseling – Program: ADERP (Alcohol & Drug Education Rehabilitation Program)
- Certified Substance Abuse Counselor (CSAC) since 2002.
- honors graduate from Hampton Institute (now Hampton University) with a BS Degree in Accounting
- minor degree in Computer Science (IBM & University of NC @ Charlotte)
She also holds the following certifications:
- Master Addiction Counselor (MAC) – issued by the National Certification Commission for Addiction Professionals (NCC AP). This certification is held by professionals working within substance use disorder/addiction-related disciplines whom have demonstrated their skills gained through supervised work experience and specific graduate course work.
- Certified Advanced Alcohol and Drug Counselor (CAADC) – issued by VCB (the Virginia Certification Board). VCB establishes, safeguards, and monitors certification standards for professionals in the substance use and other behavioral health fields. It advocates for quality, comprehensive substance use and other behavioral health services.
- International Advanced Alcohol & Drug Counselor (AADC) is one of the largest credentials in the field of addiction-related behavioral health care. The AADC is issued by IC&RC (International Certification & Reciprocity Consortium)—it is a credential that requires professionals to demonstrate competency through experience, education and supervision.
She is a member of:
NAADAC – the National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors, the Association for Addiction Professionals – uniting professionals who work for positive outcomes in alcohol and drug services.
Specialty/Area of Expertise
Janis Omide has extensive experience working with individuals involved in the criminal justice system (especially providing treatment to adults with Marijuana Dependence). She uses Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and Motivational Interviewing counseling techniques, and is skilled and effective in providing confrontational therapy in correctional Therapeutic Communities.
Janis has more than 20 years of experience in providing addiction treatment to individuals of varied ages, genders and cultures. She has worked as a Substance Abuse (SA) Jail Counselor, outpatient and residential SA Counselor, Vocational Rehabilitation SA Counselor; SA Specialist for ex-offenders, probationers and individuals who received DUIs or DWIs; SA Therapist for doctors/nurses, veterans and enlisted service-members. She has also provided much counseling services to individuals with co-existing psychiatric and substance use disorders.
And I have worked in partnership with Janis in one of our local jails, I have found her not only to be an incredible compassion counselor, she has worked with me in partnership so our returning citizens have a great chance of succeeding as they reenter back into their community. She cares!!!
Victoria, thank you for such kind words. God bless.